Learn how to make ideas come to life and manufacture those creations on a CNC machine!
❓ What is CNC machining?
CNC machining is the process of using a computer-driven machine to produce a part out of solid material – plastic, wood, metal, and more. You use Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to design what you want to make, then throw that design into Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) software to control the machine and make your part.
🎓 Here's what you'll learn in this course:
- How to make ideas come to life and manufacture those creations on a Shapeoko CNC.
- Proper shop safety and etiquette techniques.
- Beginner level OnShape 3D Modeling Software.
- CNC machine setup and breakdown.
- How to run and operate a Shapeoko CNC machine.
- Beginner level Carbide Create Software and fundamentals of NC Code.
🛠️ Class projects:
- 2D Geometry on 8 ½” x 11” Paper
- Name Plaque on MDF
- Acrylic Project / Hardwood Project
- Final Project - Creators Choice
📣 Workforce Development programs come with a complimentary membership to Root Access. For the duration of the class, you can consider yourself a full member of the space, with access to our facilities, tools, and equipment during our regular open hours.
What to Bring
A laptop computer capable of running OnShape and Carbide Motion: